The Chakras Guide – A brief introduction to the wheels of energy
Chakras are centers of consciousness, focal points of energy that have a direct, immediate, and profound effect on our daily lives. The chakras were named by ancient cultures, which long before modern science, knew that all living things carried a life force with them. So they called these forces or centers of energy that move inside us as the 7 chakras.
The chakra balancing using positive energy stones
It is said that when the chakras are balanced you become empowered: you are able to be a compassionate, conscious and capable human being.
The effect of well balanced chakras often translates into a feeling of well-being, relaxation, increased vitality and embodiment of oneself. Therefore chakra balancing is the process of restoring a harmonious flow of energy across the chakra system.
Also when we talk about chakra balancing we may actually refer to various techniques and meanings, thus a commonly accepted definition of chakra balancing is:
“the process through which the energy of the chakras is brought to a well functioning and harmonious state.”
The energy stones
The premise of working with chakra stones or crystals is that each stone has the purpose of magnifying or balancing the energy center you’re focusing on. In order to choose your perfect healing crystal, you have to look at several stone attributes, including its energetic quality and colour. Since everything is moving, it’s essential that our seven main chakras stay open, aligned and fluid. Chakras are the energetic wheels that keeps us standing with strength in live and give us amazing ways for healing ourselves, then wearing chakra jewelry is an original way to balance your chakras.
Summary of chakras: the meaning of each chakra
Each chakra has a specific location and purpose to keep us balanced physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. Then all together form part of a system that functions as a whole.
- First Chakra or Muladhara: Security and Survival. It is all about physical and emotional survival needs and our sense of stability and groundedness.
- Location: Base of the spine
- Valours: Foundation, survival, security, habit, self-acceptance.
- Color: Red
- Element: Earth
- Stones: Coral and Onyx
- Second Chakra or Svadhisthana: The sacral chakra, it’s all about the flow of creativity and passion, dealing with our attachments and our aversions, our likes and dislikes.
- Location: Pelvic region
- Valours: Sensuality and sexuality. To feel, to desire, to create.
- Color: Orange
- Element: Water
- Stones: Citrine, Carnelian and Moonstone
- Third Chakra or Manipura: It is a lot about transformation, trying to explain how we’re not only able to metabolize our food, but metabolize our thoughts and our emotions so that we have this sense of individuality and independence in the world.
- Location: Above the navel
- Valours: Action and balance. Sense of autonomy and self-esteem.
- Color: Yellow
- Element: Fire
- Stones: Malachite, Calcite, Citrine and Topaz
- Fourth Chakra or Anahata: Known as the heart chakra, it serves as a sort of bridge between the lower and upper chakras, dealing with many emotions.
- Location: Chest
- Valours: Love, compassion, harmony and balance.
- Color: Green
- Element: Air
- Stones: Rose quartz, Jade, Green calcite and Green tourmaline
- Fifth Chakra or Vishuddha: It is all about how we communicate with those around us. When it’s in balance, we’re able to speak our own truths as well as effectively listen to those of others.
- Location: Cervical spine, neck and throat regions
- Valours: Hearing and speaking the Truth.
- Color: Light blue
- Element: Ether
- Stones: Lapis Lazuli, Turquoise and Aquamarine
- Sixth Chakra or Ajna: It translates to “command”, so it’s no wonder that it’s associated with your body’s master gland. It goes with your intuition and the ability to connect with it, your imagination and your personal perfections of the outside world.
- Location: Pituitary gland
- Valours: Intuition, wisdom and identity.
- Color: Indigo
- Element: No element
- Stones: Amethyst, Purple fluorite and Black Obsidian.
- Seventh Chakra or Sahasrara: The chakra that enables us to connect to all things, in particular to a realm of this nameless, shapeless, of being that’s not really in the physical world but in this more cosmic realm. It allows you to connect to your spirituality and something deeper than just yourself.
- Location: Top of the head
- Valours: Humility and vastness
- Color: Violet
- Element: No element
- Stones: Selenite, Clear quartz, Amethyst and Diamond
Untitled as a chakra clothing store
Our story as a chakra clothing store is to empower women, creating Untitled Barcelona as the encouragement to develop a personal concept and visual language on the “Chakras” philosophy defined through colours, screen printing, art and stones.
We are exploring all 7 Chakras with different collections, combining symbols in the bags design and using positive energy stones, which conceive chakra clothing through healing bags and balancing jewelry.
Untitled Barcelona is a creative process on self reflection and visual moving idea, with the underlying concept that the bag you wear has a lift you up message, a declare love to the one.